Monday, June 29, 2015

From Startup Tools to Monkeys In Space - Startups that are making strides!

While looking through Angel List, I always looks for both startups in the entrepreneur world (Yes, entrepreneurs who look to help entrepreneurs) as well as new technology in the web hosting and cloud computing world.

I find entrepreneur industry startups interesting because they are truly looking for new ways to help new companies make their mark on the world.  These entrepreneurs are typically serial entrepreneurs who have started their own companies in the past, and know where the struggles and barriers are. In return these entrepreneurs are now looking for ways to break these barriers for entrepreneurs.

In addition I find new technology in the hosting space interesting because there I believe there is soon going to be a day where "The Cloud" is really no longer a few major data centers such as those at Google or Rackspace, but rather shared and dynamic spaces while also preserving privacy of data.

Below are three companies that I found interesting on Angel List.  These three companies all have incredible products and services, and I believe offer a live glimpse into fields that have barely been developed.

Space Monkey - Beyond the Cloud

Space Monkey interests me because the company I work for is looking to develop a similar product.  With the world trying to benefit from a few hundred major data centers, why not create a community data center to share with everyone?  The cloud only grows, as the users grow.

Foundersuite - Productivity tools for the world's 400M entrepreneurs.

Foundersuite interests me because I have a strong drive to create products that help entrepreneurs.  I am an entrepreneur and I have seen first hand the difficulties of creating a startup and Foundersuite shares the same passion as I do for helping startups reach their dreams.

Vayable - Marketplace for unique experiences


Vayable is an application would have been very helpful while I was recently in New Orleans.  Everything is created by locals, so you know you are getting the full experience when you are at a new location and wish to explore!  This is in theory, the Air Bnb of experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment